It’s November 8th. This can only mean one thing – election day in the US. It’s been a very closely run race and the entire world is on tenterhooks until tomorrow to find out whether Trump trumps Clinton or whether common sense wins out for the greater good. To get you all in the mood for proceedings this evening, here are ten of the best Donald Trump quotes that we think would work well on custom T shirts. Got any ideas of your own? Let us know your favourite quotes!
- “An ‘extremely credible source’ has called my office and told me that Barack Obama’s birth certificate is a fraud.”
This was back in 2012 when Trump was determined to prove Obama to be an imposter. Apparently, he even sent investigators over to Hawaii to prove that he wasn’t born in the US.
- “All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me – consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.”
We have this problem as well, Donald.
- “I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me – and I’ll build them very inexpensively.”
We love that he intends to make Mexico actually pay for this wall that no one even wants. In fact, Mexican designers have just revealed that this $25 million wall would actually be impossible to build.
- “I have so many fabulous friends who happen to be gay, but I am a traditionalist.”
We’re not entirely sure what this even means.
- “I love Oprah. Oprah would always be my first choice [for vice-president].”
We’d actually quite like this one to happen, if we’re being honest. He said it back in 1999, however, so perhaps he’s changed his mind since then.
- “Such a nasty woman.”
This was in reference to Hillary, brought up at the third presidential debate. Interestingly, it came mere minutes after Trump explained that “nobody respects women more than me”.
- “We have some bad hombres here and we’re going to get them out.”
This remark was made in October this year, amid a discussion about illegal immigrants at the final presidential debate.
- “I’ve had a flawless campaign. You’ll be writing books about this campaign.”
Said in July this year. To be fair, he’s probably right.
- “It is better to live one day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep.”
A stellar tweet from Donald Trump, quoting fascist dictator Benito Mussolini.
- “I don’t think I’m going to lose but if I do, I don’t think you’re ever going to see me again, folks. I think I’ll go to Turnberry and play golf or something.”
Said at a rally in Maryland earlier this year. We’ll soon find out whether golf is in his future or not. Stay tuned to the TV tonight for all election updates!